Hello everyone !
I hope you are having a great day and week so far. Today I was intensively brainstorming and sketching as I received an order for a card on demand for a birthday and as it is for a young girl I really want to create a wow effect.
I came naturally to the pop up card design, which is one of the cards I find the most spectacular, while my pictures for the birthday card are drying I have been creating one with dots. Don’t ask me why dots, but it was matching my mood of the day 🙂
I have created a little video to support the blog post and you can watch it by clicking here below !
In case you want to give a go yourself to this splendid card, here are the measurements :
- Card stock for the base: (Mine is white pearl but you can of course pick any color)
- 1 piece : 28 cm x 10 cm
- 1 piece : 25 cm x 9 cm
- 1 piece : 20 cm x 9 cm
- Card stock 2 (for the layers) (Mine is Golden, you can find the same by Crafters Companions
- 2 pieces : 13,5 cm x 9,5 cm (back and front)
- 4 pieces : 6 cm x 8,5 cm (inside pictures)
- 2 pieces you will need to measure according to your own placement in case you put the mechanism a bit below mine.
- Designer paper
- 2 pieces : 13 cm x 9 cm
- 4 pieces : 5,5 cm x 8 cm
- 2 pieces adapted to your inner layers
- Ribbon, about 30 to 40 cm matching your color scheme
- Glue (I recommend Tombow, but the glue you like is absolutely fine !)
- Rim Stones, pearls, or whatever you like to add to your card !
- Embossing folder with the dots is from Sizzix
That is it ! If you have questions or any concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me, I am always happy to help 🙂
I hope you like it and I see you tomorrow for a new card 😉